Who We Are
We are a social enterprise in Cyprus aiming to provide a holistic range of support, care, nursing and rehabilitation services to older adults and their families. The organisation operates based on a multi-disciplinary approach, aiming for the provision of high-quality person-centred services.
Our services include:
- 24-hr Nursing Care
- 2 Residential Units in Nicosia; Materia and Thalpori
- Home care
- Psychosocial support
- Cognitive enhancement and rehabilitation (MAT Noesis Cognitive Center & Tech Solutions)
Our mission is to offer a wide range of high-quality services to older adults and their families by continuously improving the existing services and adding new ones.
At Materia Group we are committed:
- To assess/treat each client individually in order to suggest optimum care solutions
- To provide holistic care, aiming to maximise client satisfaction
- To assist clients to maximise their level of independence and maintain a quality lifestyle.
- To support clients who wish to recover/ live in the comfort of their own homes.
- To support family members and assist them in all aspects of care for their loved ones.
2004 – Operation of MATERIA unit, Nicosia
2009 – Investment and Strategic Cooperation with the Aktios Group in Athens | Educational center for students of Health Sciences and Social Sciences from all universities of Nicosia
2010 – Expansion with the acquisition of the THALPORI unit
2013 –Establishment of the Memory Center, a Service for Cognitive Empowerment and Rehabilitation | Establishment of the Gerontology Research Center
2014 – Strategic collaboration with Physio Kinisis and expansion of the Rehabilitation Services
2015 – Operation of the European Research Programs Department | Equal Opportunity Employer Certification
2016 –Cooperation with the Ministry of Health for the provision of specialized nursing care to chronic patients | Addition of Transportation and Accommodation Services for people with mobility difficulties
2018 –Home Care Extension | Certification “Healthy Working Relationships”
2019 – Addition of Hydrotherapy facilities to the Rehabilitation Department